The Tanmia for Small and medium enterprises was established in 2007 ,within the context of SDC mission, as a component of an integrated project to enhance self-initiatives and encourage men and women members of the Qatari society to establish small and medium enterprises as an effective income generating activity. This is achieved through the following strategic objectives:
- Providing practical training and follow up services to potential entrepreneurs to enable them to identify viable business ideas and select the most suitable ones according to their entrepreneurial characteristics and their technical and financial capabilities. This is achieved through the Generate Your Business Idea (GYBI) program. Apply GYBI
- Providing training and follow-up services to potential entrepreneurs to enable them to develop feasibility studies of their selected business ideas and prepare business and action plans to start their businesses. This is achieved through the Start Your Business (SYB) program. Apply SYB
- Providing practical needs-based training and follow up services to potential entrepreneurs as well as owners and managers of existing small and medium businesses in the fields of business management skills to enable them to better manage their businesses and improve its performance and increase profitability. This is achieved through the Improve Your Business (IYB) program which is composed of short courses in Basics of Marketing, Cost calculations, People management and productivity improvement, Business Records Preparation, Purchasing Process and Inventory Control, and business financial forecasting and planning. Apply IYB
Enrollment in one of our programs is subject to the following conditions:
- Abide by the training rules and regulations set of Tanmia.
- Commitment to attend all training days.
- Ability to read and write in Arabic language.
- Payment of a refundable registration fee of 500 Qatari Riyals upon registration. This amount is refunded following the full completion of the training program and the full satisfaction of its rules and conditions.
- Registration and payment of required fees is to be done in person at Tanmia premises during the registration period.